fashion

Video Music Awards Red Carpet 2016

17:41:00

The Video Music Awards were held at Madison Square Garden in New York City on the 28th of August. As you all would have heard by now, Queen B slayed the night, winning an insane amount of awards and Tay Tay was snubbed like no other. But it's not what happens inside the show that I care about, it's what happens before it starts, and that's the FASHION! I have compiled my favourites from the night and it is quite apparent there are quite a few regulars who didn't show, but for those who came, they absolutely rocked it!

Sorry this is late, but I don't have internet in my new place yet and I couldn't be bothered going to the library to finish it off by last weekend, and then when I did get to the library during the week, I got distracted by Youtube videos. Obviously. But it's up now and I hope you enjoy it! Let me know who your favourite look was by and if I missed out any that you loved!


Ariana Grande

Ari looked chic on the ‘white’ carpet in head to toe Alexander Wang. Wearing a custom made gathered lace bandeau and tuxedo pants, which was paired with a Mitchel Primrose choker, Shay jewellery and a Yeprem hand piece.

Stylist: Timothy Chernyaev  Hair: Aaron Light  Makeup: Daniel Chincilla


Britney Spears

The lady of the night, miss Britney Spears, had a much-awaited performance at the VMA’s, as it was for the first time in 10 years.  Stepping onto the carpet in a stunning black number by Julien McDonald, paired with patent black Christian Louboutins and H Stern Jewels.

Hair: Lorenzo Martin  Makeup: Melanie Inglessis


Fifth Harmony

The last time I wrote about these girls one of the things I had commented about was that their outfits looked great by themselves, but all together they looked very mismatched. So seeing them take the VMA’s in these stunning black Michael Costello dresses was a relief. They all worked extremely well together but were also fitted to each girl’s individual style. The only one that looked a bit awkward to me was Ally (middle), but if she liked it then who am I to say any different. I felt like the girl’s stylists really nailed this awards show!


Hailee Steinfeld

Hailee rarely makes any of my favourite award show looks, I always feel very let down when I see her walking the red carpet. But I was pleasantly surprised by what she wore at the VMA’s. Looking gorgeous in this colourful Balmain dress, she finally looked like the youthful young lady that she is. Pairing the look with gold Giuseppe Zanotti heels and matching Lorraine Schwartz jewels. I probably would have gone for silver rather than gold, but understand why her stylist chose gold so that the whole look wasn’t too matchy matchy. Massive snaps to her and her stylist.

Stylist: Jason Rembert  Hair: Mark Townsend  Makeup: Melissa Hernandez


Hailey Baldwin

Now very different to the Hailee above her, there is never really a ‘favourite looks’ post that miss Hailey Baldwin doesn’t appear in. And to date, this one would definitely have to be my favourite, which says a lot, as this girl always looks Drop Dead Gorgeous! Wearing a black embellished jumpsuit by Georges Chakra, paired with Giuseppe Zanotti sandals and jewellery by Lorraine Schwartz and Ofira.

Stylist: Maeve Reilly  Hair: Jennifer Yepez  Makeup: Robert Sesnek


Halsey

Jumpsuits seemed to be one of the big dress themes on the night (other than black) and Halsey absolutely nailed her jumpsuit! The gorgeous sheer and silver embellished jumpsuit by Yousef Al-Jasmi was EVERYTHING! Paired with silver sandals, a Noudar diamond hand chain and Harry Kotlar diamond rings.


Holland Roden

Holland was a vision in white on the white carpet, with the Teen Wolf star wearing a Kayat jumpsuit and matching cape to the Video Music Awards. Pairing the look with Stuart Weitzman sandals, a Tyler Ellis clutch and jewellery by Beth Miller, EF Collection, Amanda Pearl and Graziela Gems.

Stylist: Karen Raphael  Hair & Makeup: Elle Leary


Kim Kardashian

One of the last to walk the carpet was Miss Kim K her self and husband Kanye West. Although they were obviously at the awards show for Him, the carpet was all about her and her much-anticipated look! She had fans guessing what she would look like, right down to what her hair colour would be, when she tweeted her fans whether she should stay blonde or go black. And black she went for her hair and her clothes! Looking like she just came from a day on the beach, Kim wore a vintage Galliano dress and strappy Manolo Blahnik shoes.

Hair: Michael Silva  Makeup: Mario Dedivavnovic


Nicki Minaj

Nicki worked every part of the VMA's carpet from her poses with the backdrop down to cute snaps with her boyfriend Meek Mill. Definitely my favourite look on the night, she looked ultra glam in a deep blue figure hugging Bao Tranchi dress that had both cut outs and sheer panels. Paired with Harry Kotlar diamond cluster earrings and a Le Vian diamond ring, this girl looked so FAB!!!


Stella Maxwell

Now after all the black that was being worn on the carpet, as much as I love black, it was a breath of fresh air to see some colour!!! Victoria’s Secret fashion  model Stella stood out in head to toe Moschino. And believe me, this is not a look that anyone will be forgetting for a while!

Hair: Harry Josh  Makeup: Hung Vanngo


Tinashe
I LOVE me some red on the award show carpets and was thrilled when I saw Tinashe in this gorgeous bright red jumpsuit by J. C. Obando! The singer looked effortlessly chic and definitely made my top 3 favourite looks for the night because of how different her look was from all the others! Can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!

Stylist: Kyle Luu  Hair: Ryan Austin  Makeup: Michael Anthony

You Might Also Like

0 comments